A wise person told me, "Lisa, not everything you do has to be an outlet for your creativity." My sister told me this just minutes before I was to start turning strawberries into mice. Why turn a strawberry into a mouse, you ask? I say, "Why not?" 

Annabelle was invited to a Princess Brunch with some little girls from church. I was reminded the afternoon before that she was suppose to bring a side dish to share. Sure, I could have sent her with muffins or even just a bowl of strawberries, but where's the fun in that? Isn't it worth the extra time and money (i.e. buying a whole big of Nestle mini-chocolate chips to use only 12 of them) to do something that will stand out? Probably not when you are frantically trying to find two almond slivers that match while the baby is crying to eat, the 3-yr old has a poopy diaper and the 5-yr old is dressed like Snow White asking if she's "going to be late?" I did get Molly fed, Emily changed and even managed to give Annabelle a quick updo. We were less than 10 minutes late! Annabelle had a wonderful time at her brunch. The strawberry mice where a hit; Annabelle said her friends "ate some" and she "ate alot". Next time, maybe I'll just send her with the muffins!












3 comments:
I admire your creativity. These as well as the cupcakes you made for Annabelle's Birthday are very cool.
By the way, I like your play list. Did you know that One Republic is from Colorado?
I like the mice. You are creating wonderful memories for your children - as in they will remember these times and possibly pass the good times and stories on to their children. What can be wrong with that?
Besides we all need an outlet for our creativity.
Lisa, You are crazy! But that's why you're the best enrichment leader ever! They are darling!
Luv, Alanna
Post a Comment