Today we all went down to Seattle to see Playhouse Disney Live! I bought the tickets in September, gave them to the girls for Christmas and finally got to go today. It was their first time going to a live performance. We had a great time singing and dancing and patting our legs--It was a very interactive show. I really enjoyed watching the girls watch the show. Emily, of course, didn't outwardly show much excitement, but I could still tell she was having a good time. Annabelle was really getting into it--doing everything they asked the audience to do.Here are a few things I learned today:

Fact: Intermissions should not be allowed during a show where the audience is primarily children. If it is absolutely necessary then it should be limited to 7 minutes MAX.
Fact: It is absurd that alcohol is served at a kid's show, although it worked out nicely for the little girl behind us; once her mom got tipsy she was easily able to convince her to spend $20 on a light stick that she had been told NO to before.
Fact: It doesn't make much sense to have everyone in the audience stand and then have them learn a dance that is going on onstage--once everyone is standing the kids can't see the stage over all the adults.
Fact: You don't have to spend $45 per ticket--you will have just as much fun in the $18 seats.
Fact: You're never too old to get choked up over seeing Mickey Mouse for the first time.
The show featured Little Einsteins, Tigger & Pooh, Handy Manny, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.












4 comments:
That sounded like a great show. Your facts are soooooo true, but this is the first time I have ever heard of them serving alcohol. I love your blog!
FUN!!
If only I could blame alcohol for the times I just let them have what they wanted--though I'm pretty sure not to the degree of $20 for a light stick. I'm glad you had a good time! Sounds fun!
I'm so jealous!! It sounds like a perfect family outing. Did you fill out a 'customer comment card' before you left? Maybe it's not too late to send one in! :D
Post a Comment