There is a little girl named Annabelle.
She answers to "Button" for those who know her well.
Last week, she came home from school with a note
Asking her to bring in her favorite book that Dr. Seuss wrote.
Oh what fun!, but it doesn't stop there.
It suggested that she find a character costume to wear.
The girl looked over her choices with care,
"The Cat in the Hat Comes Back is the book I want to share."
Mom got busy thinking about the bow tie and hat.
But neither she nor the girl were satisfied with just that.
"I need white gloves and what about a tail?"
"If you're going to do something," Mom replies, "do it well!"
Long after the girl went to sleep that night
The Mom was busy working, making sure everything was just right
This Mom is crafty and good with the frills
But soon she enlisted the help of Dad's mathematical skills.
The Dad helped a lot and even used Pi.
Mom wasn't surprised, 'cause he's just that kind of guy.
Together they worked, gluing and sewing.
This Mom and this Dad showed no signs of slowing.
When they were done, they felt quite pleased with themselves.
Working in the night made them feel like little elves.
The girl woke in the morning with joy on her face.
The Mom and Dad sighed with relief that their time wasn't a waste.
Complete with whiskers and pink spots to boot.
Never before has there been so much work for a Cat to look cute.
Only two other children came dressed in there best
So glad this girl wants to stand out from the rest.
Annabelle has Cat in the Hat.
Notice the detail of the three-fingered gloves.
Those pesky pink spots the Cat in the Hat leaves behind.
There's a Cat on the loose!











13 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!!! Lisa and Earl you have got talent!!!!! I am at awe with the things you do and the creativity. You should write a book to teach us all how to do it. Well done!!!
You are amazing!!(Earl too I guess...hehe)
When do you stop??? If I did those donuts, I'd be done for at least six months! You're amazing. This costume is ridiculous!
Oh, and I thought the poem was awesome too. I had to laugh cuz in Canada "Tail" and "Well" don't rhyme. But if you put your cute little southern twang on "Well" it become "Wail" almost and so it rhymes. So, anyway, it was nice hearing your voice again.
I'm very proud of Earl for using pi!
--Dustin
SOOOOO great! That is some seriously rockin' Cat in the Hat attire! You've inspired me to put a little extra effort into Ethan's costume... we'll see. :)
Well, it looks like you've once again outdone yourself, Lisa {& now you're dragging Earl into it?}! =D Annabelle, you look darling as that pesky cat! I hope you get many more uses out of it for all the time & effort you spent on it. =)
It turned out so great! It looks awesome!
The costume, the poem -- so very cute -- well, done! =) And it's great she has 2 little sisters to pass that costume down to!
what a great costume ya'll made and the poem in the post is awesome!
Oh wow, that is sooooo cute! You do amazing work! I'm sure it took a long time, but she looks amazing!!! You should save the costume for Halloween or something, but I'm guessing you'll want to make her a new costume for that. :)
You are the coolest mom and dad ever!! What a neat costume to go to school in. LOVE it.
Lisa, if you haven't topped your cat in the hat costume (or your donuts or ruffly pillow or barrettes, etc.) in the last month... it's okay. Nobody has. But you can still post about something!!! Missing you!
(sorry to be a bug)
Fabulous, simply (or not so simply) fabulous!
Post a Comment