Monday, August 25, 2008

My Mama said there'd be days like this...

This mama spent a good portion of today saying "no," or
"don't" or "stop." It has just been one of those days. Annabelle was running around crazy like she'd had 2 dozen cookies, Emily hurt herself, wouldn't listen and even tried to change her own poopy pull-up and Molly cried and cried--and Molly never cries. By 8:30am Annabelle and Emily jumping and rolling around in the living room.
At lunchtime Emily decided it was better to eat her PB&J while sitting on the table instead of in her seat. She fell off and slammed her head into the girls' little table. It swelled up the size of a ping-pong ball. It took me a good 10 minutes to convince her to let me put ice on it. Did I mention that Molly was crying all day?
While I was holding a screaming baby, holding ice to Emily's head and trying to look up concussions on the internet Emily fell asleep in my lap. I kept her on the couch under close supervision to make sure she would wake up. All 3 girls went down for a nap at the same time, but Molly wouldn't stay asleep. I had to rock her every 30 mins or so. Also, not something I ever have to do with her. Things didn't get much better after naps. While I was incapacitated feeding Molly, Emily thought it was a good idea to change her own poop. You can use your imagination on how well this went! I told Emily that she couldn't play with play dough and she apparently forgot about her blow to the head because she continued to make unsafe choices.






To the untrained eye this looks sweet.

However, that always leads to






THIS


Tomorrow can only get better, right?

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm impressed that you stopped during your crazy day to snap photos. What a great way to turn lemons into lemonade! Here's hoping you never have a rerun of such a day! :D

MICHELLE said...

Sweet Emmy, Aunt Chelle sees that big ouchie on your knoggin'. Sure hope is goes away before your birthday party. I am sending hugs and kisses your way!

Bryce said...

Lisa, you're a true hero!

Alanna said...

Poor Lisa! On your next day like this (cuz unfortunately, there probably will be one) call me...I owe you!
-Alanna

Related Posts with Thumbnails