Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Fishy Sort of Day

What a fun time we had for Emily's 3rd birthday! We went to the aquarium, touched Starfish, ate pizza and bleeding octopus cake and Emmy even found her bird twin.The day started with a trip to the Seattle Aquarium. We all loved it. They really found creative ways to maximize a small space. They had places where the fish were above you, and places where the fish were all around you and even places were you could touch.


While at the aquarium, Emily met her bird twin--the tufted puffin. She kept trying to tell me something and I finally got it.

"The birdie has hair like me!"

Emily chose pizza for lunch even though we went to Chuck E. Cheese's last night. She opened and loved all her presents


and then we helped ourselves to some red velvet Octopus cake that I stayed up until 2:30 this morning finishing.

It was a great day and we are so blessed to have Emily in our family. Although at times we are confused by her personality and mood swings, when she laughs or smiles it can make your heart melt.
More pictures available here.



3 comments:

JoAnn said...

It all looks great, including the octopus cake - sounds like a super day/party! Happy B-day Emmy!

MICHELLE said...

What a wonderful under the sea birthday party! I even loved the part where you hack into that innocent octopus. Little Emmy already 3, oh my! Chelle Loves You!

Alanna said...

I like the cake! It was well worth the lost sleep. I really like the red velvet effect of guts and gore. You're just awesome Lisa! -Alanna

Related Posts with Thumbnails