Hello, Lisa!
Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.
YES! I'm having a baby and it can now PEE! lol












6 comments:
Ha Ha Ha Lisa! Too bad they don't get potty trained before they come out, too!
Congrats on getting far enough to ANNOUNCE it! I'm so excited to go through this together! Good luck!
ps I've edited my birthday post because I was shocked at myself for forgetting one of the day's VERY BRIGHTEST MOMENTS! You're the best!
Yay!! Congrats you guys! That is awesome news. How have you been feeling? I noticed "he" was used to describe the baby... any feelings what it is one way or another? I bet you're hoping for a boy. :)
Oh joy!! Congrats!
@Marcie: i was feeling like junk in the beginning, but things are looking up here in the 2nd trimester. i know earl is still hoping for a boy, but i'm pretty good either way at this point.
Congratulations =) Your husband is way outnumbered right now =) A boy would be fun (they're great =) but you're right, it's good either way.
Congratulations, Lisa, Earl, & family! I'm glad you're starting to feel better now. Hurray!
Post a Comment