Thursday, June 25, 2009

NASHVILLE OR BUST -- CLEANING & THE RELOAD

I started cleaning and was joined by the lovely Jen Hall who became an amazing motivating force as I grew discouraged SEVERAL times. Only a true friend cleans mold out of another's windowsill.


Earl drove the trailer with him to work today to make sure it was ready to hit the rode tonight and as it turns out the trailer was front-heavy and our Durango would skid every time he applied the brake. He informed me that UNFORTUNATELY, the trailer would need to be unloaded and loaded again. I spoke with Samantha Carlsen to arrange for someone to pick up our table and chairs for the missionaries and mentioned to her that we would be home, because we were needing to unload and reload the trailer. Within two hours there were a whole new set of guys there to help. It was remarkably touching to have so much support--and without even asking!


Around 10pm I said my goodbyes to Jeni and balled, the trailer RELOAD was completed around 12 and around 12:30am I said my goodbyes to Kevin and cried again. I cleaned some more and made it to bed (or rather the air mattress with the hole, that makes you wake up in a taco) around 2:30am.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails