Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sayonara

So long, farewell

Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight

I hate to go and leave this pretty sight


So long, farewell

Auf Wiedersehen, adieu

Adieu, adieu

To you and you and you


Last week we couldn't find Molly's pacifier when it came time for bed. This is a usual occurrence. I sat her in her crib and proceeded to look underneath it and then in all the usual hiding spots. She waited patiently. It was nowhere to be found. Earl got in on the hunt followed by Annabelle and Emily getting out of their beds to look for it. We scavenged the whole house for one and came up empty-handed. I looked at Molly and told her, "So sorry, but we can't find one, It's lost." She seemed to really understand that we put our heart and soul into the search and she wasn't upset with us. I laid her down and she pointed to her mouth and I simply reminded her that we couldn't find it and she didn't fuss. I turned out the light and left the room and she never made a peep!
So there ya go, no more pacifier--Eight days and counting!

Why can't all parenting dilemmas be solved so easily?

6 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! That was probably the easiest binky-weaning I've ever heard of! Molly, you're such a good sport!! Now if only potty-training could go like that. =D

SuburbiaMom said...

That is great!!

tolm2535 said...

WOW! Hey Molly can you teach Tanner that it is ok not to have binkys. We have all searched our fair share for the lost binky, and we have bought many replacements that just don't seem to be the same. I can't wait to get rid of them.

Marcie said...

Wow, if you only knew it was going to be that easy, you probably would have staged that scenario sooner. :o) What a little sweetheart to be so good about it. That's awesome.

Alanna said...

Hooray for binky weaning (I'll have you know I'm having trouble talking American again and saying binky, but I'll do it for you). But seriously, that's awesome!!!!! So happy for you. Did it ever show up? I'm still looking for two that disappeared over Christmas--my favorites!

Anonymous said...

hey i didn't use the word "binky" once in this post i'll have you know! alanna, don't conform!
molly found the pacifier the next day on the snack bucket in the pantry, but she didn't put it in her mouth and i snatched it when she wasn't looking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails