Thursday, April 1, 2010

EmmyCake

You may have noticed that I've been absent for the blogging world for a while. Believe me when I say I have been busy with other things! Today is a big day for me. I have started a new FELT craft blog and Etsy shop and am having my first giveaway!

I've been feeling super crafty as of late (probably didn't need to tell you that) and with my recent projects I had two people (yes, apparently it only took two) mention that I should try selling my things. Well, that just seemed silly to me. Who wants to buy my things when they can just make their own? I stewed over it for a few days and thought about it some more and then just figured, Why not? I'm going to be crafting any way, might as well see if anyone is interested in any of it. Please don't laugh at me, I realize this is all pretty ridiculous, but life is about trying new things and taking a few little risks, right?

Pretty much the first thing I decided on was the name. I have a daughter named Emily Kate. After birth her name was quickly shortened to Emmy due to Annabelle's inability to say it completely. Around three years old, she and Annabelle had become convinced that Emily's middle name was Cake, thinking that we were always calling her Emmy Cake. This little misconception really brought a smile to our hearts back then and I guess it was stored somewhere in a mental reserve and popped up right at the time that I decided to start a new blog. I call it inspiration. :)

SO, your support in this little endeavor would be greatly appreciated. Please visit this BLOG and enter my giveaway. Please enter even if you don't have a little one that will play with the doughnuts; they will make a great baby shower gift. Follow all the guidelines for getting multiple entries (including adding my button to your blog) and spread the word about EmmyCake. Show me some love, people!


Copy and Paste Code

4 comments:

Marcie said...

That is so cool that you're doing a craft blog! That is such a great idea... I hope it is a success! I'm sure it will be, you are so crafty and make the cutest things ever! I'll for sure enter the giveaway!

Megan said...

Ha ha, I saw Ashley's giveaway before I came here, and I was wondering {pretty sure!} that you were the crafter behind Emmy Cake. =D Congratulations -- I hope you make lots of money to support your crafting addiction. =D

Alanna said...

Yeah Lisa! That's awesome! You make fabulous stuff that I would buy! Love the name and look at you having a whole "copy this html code" thing on your post. I have no idea how to do that!!

Anonymous said...

haha. i have no idea how to do that. my friend here is super savvy and made it for me. she also helped me get my EmmyCake blog lookin' all cute. i'm lucky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails