What would YOU do with $6?
If I wasn't on a diet I might head over to Taco Bell and treat myself to lunch. YUM. Or, I might go to JoAnn's and see what fabric or scrapbooking supplies I could get a good deal on. I might save it, but probably not. BUT, if YOU were into couponing, like ME, you would go to Target. And do you know what $6 could get you at Target?
Two purses, Men's Wrangler Jeans, two packages of GE lightbulbs and four Suave Deordorants. I bet you didn't know $6 could get you so much? Well it can!
Here's how I did it:
Blue purse $7.00 (clearance)
-$5 Target internet printable coupon for a Merona purse
=$2 for a really cute blue purse that I don't NEED, but have really been WANTING for a while.
Purple hobo bag $7.48 (clearance)
-$5 Target internet printable coupon for a Merona purse
=$2.48 for a really cute purple bag with green lining that I didn't NEED, but decided I had to HAVE.
Men's Wrangler Jeans $4.24 (clearance)
-$3 Target internet printable coupon for men's apparel
=$1.24 for some pants that Earl did NEED, since he's lost 26lbs and hasn't bought any pants that don't fall off.
GE Lightbulbs $2.14 x 2
-$ 1.50 Target internet printable coupon x 2
-$1.00 Manufacturer's coupon from the Sunday paper
=.28 for some great lightbulbs and I do NEED because last night I had one burn out.
Suave Deodorant Twin Pack $2.94 x 2
-$3 internet printable coupon that you can find HERE and still use x 2
=+.12 that got applied to my other items
GRAND TOTAL before tax: $5.88
Getting a deal is SO INVIGORATING.











5 comments:
Lucky you!! I need to get on this couponing boat too I think!!
Nice! I'm shocked you got all that great stuff for only $6. I really need to learn to coupon. Cute purses too!
Wow, Lisa! Wish you could teach us a class for RS. =D Congratulations, Earl! {on your weight loss & on having such an amazing wife. ;)}
Very impressive...really. I'm guessing there's no luck to it. I'm guessing it takes work! Right? Did you use your fancy coupon binder????
Sheldon stood behind a girl in our ward at the grocery store who is also way into couponing & she had to buy someone's can of soup so that the checker didn't owe her money! I should really get into it -- but is it so much work? Good job! =)
Post a Comment