Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Southern-Style

So, we have been in Music City going on eight months now. I'd have to say we've all adjusted quite well. Some things have been easier than others. We have each embraced our new lifestyle in a different way but I believe each have contributed to the family's transition as a whole.

Earl has been busying learning about country celebrities as they come into his dealership ever so often. LeAnn Rimes has had her Porsche in, he's spotted Clint Black and even worked on Naomi Judd's Jaguar.

Annabelle has been busying learning the southern twang. I know it seems like a lot of extra work for a first grader to add to her already heavy school load, but she seems to be managing well. She's just that smart, I guess.

Emily has embraced nature. She loves being surrounded by bugs & critters and seems to be a true country-girl at heart. We have actually told her on more than one occasion, "Emily, put that spider down!"

I have come back to my southern roots as well. After a 10 year boycott of country music (it was a little bit of an overload in my house growing up with the radio in one room tuned to one country station while each of TV's tuned to different music videos), I purchased two Taylor Swift CD's this month.

I am sure you are wondering how possibly could little Molly contribute to this new lifestyle we have accepted. Well, she has been working hardest of all! Molly has embraced some true Southern-Style:


Yep, that's right.

She's all business in the front.


Party in the back.


Oh, little Molly! You're such a team player.

9 comments:

MICHELLE said...

Southern blood runs deep and we all all have a little Billy Ray in us, embrace your achy breaky heart little Molly.
Chelle loves you!

AMANDA said...

But man does she rock it!! She's so cute!! :)

SuburbiaMom said...

Ha, ha!! The mullet!! What to embrace the southern life. I grew up in south east Texas and use to have a pretty sweet accent. Ah...the good ol' days.

P.S. Is Earl allowed to get autographs while he's at work?

The Halls said...

I seriously just laughed out load at my desk in the office and everyone looked at me. That is the greatest post I have EVER seen! Miss you all!!!

Megan said...

I can't believe how much older Molly is looking! She's getting a different look {beyond the mullet even} to her. If we ever get out south east to visit you, we won't even recognize her! Love that last pic, especially. =D

Alanna said...

Ha Ha! I really want to hear Annabelle with a Southern drawl... probably sounds like you, eh? Molly looks SOOO different beyond the mullet. Megan's absolutely right. But she's still a doll!!!... mullet and all!

Marcie said...

Haha, LOVE the mullet! Actually, it is really pretty with the waviness in the back. She is getting so cute and big! That's so cool Earl has seen famous people. I love country music, always have, always will. So I'm a little jealous there! :)

Anonymous said...

I think Elizabeth is well on her way to copying Molly's hair!! I wish we lived close so they could play :)

Ashley said...

Ha, this post is too funny! At least ONE of you has got to have a mullet, now that you're livin in the south!

Related Posts with Thumbnails