Today was a special day. My little uber shy, super sweet Emmy has her first day of preschool.
I've been looking into my options since we moved to Tennessee trying to come up with something that would help get Em ready for kindergarten next year. I've even contemplated a preschool co-op which I've vowed never to do again. Luckily, through a cool gal in my new ward I was able to find a great place just a few miles from home. You might be wondering how this could possibly work seeing as how I don't have a car. Well, there is a plan in place--we are just still working out the kinks. The key part of the plan is that this cool gal I mentioned before has offered to carpool. I say she's extra cool 'cause the preschool is 1 mile from her home and she will drive 5 miles to my house to pick up Emily. Like I said, pretty cool gal, right? Preschool is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-2. Yes, you read that right, 5 hours a day. The preschool has agreed to let Emily go just on Tuesdays to see if she likes it and I think that's great. Every other week the girls and I will get up and take Earl to work so that I can be in charge of taking Emily and the cool gal's daughter to preschool. This morning we all got up before 6 and were on the road by 6:15, we got Earl to work at 6:40 (he's suppose to be there at 7, so as part of our "plan" he will be getting to work early twice a month. I headed to Annabelle's school which begins at 7:15 and surprisingly pulled into the parking lot at 7:12, which apparently is too late. I was told to park the car and escort her to the office. Rats! Emmy was in a nightgown and oh goodness, my hair was CAraZy! Luckily, one of the parking lot helpers watched the girls in the car so no one saw Em in her jammies, but everyone was able to get a good look at my do! It appears that we are going to have to leave the house at 6:10 instead of 6:15. We were able to have plenty of time to get home and get Em and myself ready for the day. I got lots of cute pictures of Emily to which she said, "Can we stop taking pictures now? I'm going to be late." Precious! We were 12 minutes early.
Well, anyone who knows our little Em knows that she doesn't talk to anyone new, she doesn't even talk to people she does know if there are people she doesn't know around. So, here's hoping everything goes well today. I will definitely be thinking about her and hoping that someone thinks to take her on a potty break since the likelihood of her asking to go is slime to nonexistent.











8 comments:
Emmy Kate,I know you will love going to school just like your big sis. You are precious and wonderful and I can't wait to see you this weekend for your 4th birthday. You're such a big girl! Chelle Loves Emmy!
Emmy looks so grown-up! I love her hair. =) I hope she has a great time at preschool.
Emmi will have so much fun at preschool. Lisa what will you do with all your free time. I am sure you will find something.
Holy cuteness!!! Emmy you are the sweetest little girl. Have fun at pre school!! Miss you!!
Oh, she is just a little doll! That's great that she is going to preschool... I bet she'll do great. How nice for you Lisa to have a few hours a week with only 1 child! You may need to use those hours to rest after the crazy, super-early morning!
Wow -- out the door by 6:10! Kudos to you Lisa!
Oh no, it's happened! One of them already looks bigger...and it's only been two months!!! Let us know how she fares. I'm gonna be super jealous if the preschool teachers fall into the category of people she "knows" (and is willing to talk to) any earlier than the end of the school year...since you remember, I've known the girl since she was like 8 months old and she wouldn't speak to me til earlier this year! Am I really that scary? I hope not! Anyway, she's a doll, even if she doesn't speak!
oops, didn't realize Dustin was signed in...it's me Alanna making these comment FYI!
Post a Comment