Thursday, August 6, 2009

My First Born's First Day of First Grade

Today was the day I've been anxious about for a long time. The time when my little girl--who's not so little anymore--would start first grade. In first grade the real learning begins. In first grade you are gone ALL day and in this case 8 hours! In this first grade the bus comes at 6:37AM. Which means this mom of first time first grader is in a whole new world. Getting up extremely early, remembering to put the first graders clothes in the bathroom the night before so that the little sisters of the first grader aren't woken up unnecessarily. AND coming up with a new lunch EVERY day that will last 4 hours in a lunch box.
This morning was the first day of my first born starting first grade. I actually didn't have a hard time getting up just before 6 because I was so anxious. Our little first grader must have been pretty anxious too because she was already awake when I went to get her from bed.
It being 6 o'clock in the morning, I was wearing my jammies. Annabelle asked me if I was going to walk her to the bus. I told her yes and then she said, "wearing that?" It was such a hilarious moment and a small glimpse into the future. It was as though she were 13 and already embarrassed by me. Luckily, she is only 6 and hasn't discovered embarrassment yet (hopefully she won't for a long time). She just seemed confused by the fact that I was going to leave the house without proper clothes. I informed her that at 6AM all the mommies were going to look like me.


Annabelle has an AMAZING teacher. She is SUPER organized and LOVES what she does. I'm VERY excited for this year.

8 comments:

Marcie said...

Annabelle is looking so grown up. She is so cute! I bet she does great this year in 1st grade!

Alanna said...

Oh cute! What a big girl! Good luck with that 6am wake up! Yikes!
And pass on any good lunch ideas you come up with, why don't ya! I'm already scared about that!

tolm2535 said...

Wow Annabelle is getting so big. I can't believe that you are already in school, you are in a month earlier than we start. When do you get out of school? It looks like you are enjoying your new life. We miss you.

JoAnn said...

Wow, this seems REALLY early to be starting school; there's still one month left of summer.

When do they get out?

We like your classroom Annabelle, it's really cute and fun! Sarah hopes her room is just as fun.

Megan said...

What a fun looking classroom! {I'm wondering -- did you take those pictures at 'meet the teacher' or did you accompany A to school the first day?} Annabelle looks so cute & happy w/ her lunchbox, backpack, & painted nails. =)

Megan said...

So after getting caught up on your posts, my next question is: where are the pictures of your new house that you love so much? =) Now that both your older girls are in school, it's time to put together a virtual tour for us! =D

Anonymous said...

i have taken pictures of the interior but never got them posted. since then i've made curtains and some adjustments so i just need to take some new pics soon. that will be the next post i do.

Jeanine said...

Wow -- a bus at 6:37, school starting at 7:15 -- that sounds like high school! They'll be ready for early morning seminary :) Her comment was so cute about you wearing your "jammies." :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails