While I was putting lunch on the table today I looked out the window and what do you think I should find in the backyard? Why, five turkeys of course. Isn't that what you guessed?
We watched them for quite a while and once they reached the side of the house a cat come up. I thought, "oh, this could be trouble." But the cat could care less about them. The crazy thing was the turkeys started chasing the cat! What a sight. You never know what to expect with country livin'!











5 comments:
That is certainly an unexpected backyard show. =) Hannah & Thomas would have loved to see it in person! Just curious, are those wild turkeys or do they belong to somebody? And could you capture one if you wanted, or would you have to have some sort of hunting permit? =)
i really don't know. we have seen several homes around that have turkeys in their yards. i've never seen any around me with them, so i'm pretty curious myself where they came from and where they thought they were going. I would definitely have say that at that moment, they where wild turkeys! hmm, i might have to check into the permit thing. hehe.
How bizarre! If Earl was home you could have shot one for your Christmas dinner hee hee. :o)
nothing like a good turkey cat chase. Ha ha ha, you are a true country bumpkin:)
Too funny! We have HUGE rabbits that run down our street all the time...but they aren't as good for Christmas dinner.
Post a Comment