I asked for help on activities to include in my family advent calendar. Thank you to those that commented--I've actually gone in and changed a few we already had planned. A few days ago Alanna suggested something called "crazy dinner" and I was very intrigued.
Oh Alanna! You and your crazy Canadian activities!
Well, I decided yesterday as I was looking at the calendar for the month and what we had planned that the only time to fit it in was today. SO, I went shopping yesterday and planned the whole thing in a day. It was CrAzY! It required alot of thinking and a lot of shopping and ALOT of cooking. I decided that we needed to invite someone over for this, 'cause I wasn't going to go through all this work and not have anyone besides my family see it (haha) and besides the more the merrier, right? Oh, Alanna, if only you still lived across the parking lot and I got to talk to you six times a day and it didn't cost me 40 cents a minute to call Canada I wouldn't have had to wait 11 hours for a response to Crazy Dinner questions through email.
All's well though. I got it figured out and you cleared up a few things I was still confused about before it was too late.
Here's how the menu turned out. Can you guess what's what?

One of my favorite combinations was when my friend's 9-yr. old son got carrots, a toothpick, a spoon and a fork for course #1. I don't think there was a single person out of 8 that had a utensil for their salad. Everyone seemed to be good sports about it. I was worried about the kids, but they handled it very well. I got asked a few times why they couldn't have water when they were clearly thirsty, but hey, Rules are Rules!
1. Angel Hair—Pasta
2. Tree Skirt—Napkin
3. Shepard’s Staff—Toothpick
4. Frosty’s Nose—Carrots
5. Reindeer Antler—Fork
6. Snow Shovel—Spoon
7. North Stars—Pineapple (cut into stars)
8. Jingle Bell juice—Martinelli's
9. Stocking Stuffers—Sausage Balls
10. Fresh Poinsettias—Salad
11. Elf Shoes—Green Beans
12. Carol of the Birds—Chicken Breast
13. Melted Icicles—Water
14. ‘Deer Droppings—Chocolate Cookies
15. Toboggans—Garlic Bread
16. Santa’s Helper—Knife











6 comments:
That sounds like some good crazy fun! Could be adapted to fit any holiday--April Fool's even!
Lisa, you always impress me with how all out you go in everything you do! What a fun idea, though. We did something like that once for a YW activity when I was young, and we talked about doing it w/ our ward's YW but never got around to it. Thanks for sharing the answer key!! =D
That's sound like so much fun! I HAVE to do this! Hmmm, I wonder if there are other holidays you can adapt this to....
Yeah! I'm so glad you did this. It's super fun, eh? Now, I'm thinking I better do one this season. We'll see. I'm very impressed with your menu. The only ones I could guess were the ones I gave you. But then when I read the answer key I was like, "Ah, of course!" That's how it should be, I think. Love the toboggan garlic bread!
PS Did I warn you that you wouldn't get to eat until the end? I know I wrote it in the email. But I was tempted to delete lest it made it sound NOT very fun and then deter you. It's always what happens! Hope you had fun anyway.
Ahhhhh...I am a little miffed that I didn't get to enjoy this evening. I miss you!
Post a Comment