Sunday, December 13, 2009

If you have:


7 hours to spare
9 3/4 cups of flour
4 1/2 cups of sugar
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups of butter (and a friend to bring you some on a Sunday afternoon, when you forgot to buy it on a Saturday night)
2 1/2 cups of shortening
8 1/2 graham crackers
6 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet baking chocolate
4 squares Baker's White baking chocolate
7 oz. Baker's Milk Chocolate dipping chocolate
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 package Jet-Puffed Marshmellows
5 cups of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal
1 cups of Hershey's Cocoa (but only 1/2 cup if you don't mis-measure)
1/3 cup of buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup of powdered sugar (and a different friend to lend you some on a Sunday night when you forgot to but some on a Saturday night)
1/2 tsp. red food coloring
4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 cup crushed candy canes and peppermints
cinnamon
An entire container of green decorator's sugar crystals
and some random other sprinkles when you run out of green sugar crystals and still have 2 dozen holli-doodles to make.

You could have:

34 Candy Cane Cookies

30 Cocoa Cookies

27 Marbled Chocolate Treats

29 Chocolate-Dipped Snowballs

And more Holli-Doodles than you know what to with!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, Lisa, that is some quantity of homemade holiday treats! They look very yummy. I'd love to see how you package them up for giving. I'm sure they'll be gorgeous! =)

Alanna said...

WOW! Someone's been busy! Once again wishing I could live across the parking lot cuz those treats look FABULOUS!

The Halls said...

Ummmmm, I love those chocolate cookies. I miss ya and wish we could be making treats together. Enjoy a couple for us. And great job they all look so festive and yummy!

tolm2535 said...

WOW!! I know everyone else said the same thing, but WOW---that is alot of work, but they look great. I am sure all your friends and neighbors will love them. Merry Christmas.

AMANDA said...

Oh my goodness that's alot of treats!! They all looks super yummy though!!

Eileen said...

Ohhhhhh...I'll take some Marbled Chocolate Treats, PLEASE!!! I don't know what those are made of but DANG they look super YUMMY!!! I wish I had that ambition, hey can you send some of that in the mail too?!

Jeanine said...

Great post! That was the nudge I needed -- my family has been asking me when I was going to re-create my last year's Christmas baking! =)

Marcie said...

All that only took you 7 hours?? Wow is all I can say. The goodies look amazing!! Yum, yum, yum!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails